Hindsight is 20/20...
Foresight is $19.95 per month*
Click here for our limited
offer on a touchscreen
alarm system with cellular
interface and optional
TOP 10 THINGS A BURGLAR WON'T TELL YOU
1. I’m not complaining, but why would you buy an alarm system and leave your house without setting it?
2. I’ll break a window to get in, even if it makes a little noise. If your neighbor hears one loud sound, he’ll stop what he’s doing and wait to hear it again. If he doesn’t hear it again, he’ll just go back to what he was doing. It’s human nature.
3. Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway.
4. I always ring the doorbell and knock first. If you answer, I’ll ask for directions somewhere or offer to rake your leaves. If you don’t answer, I try the door. Sometimes, it's unlocked and I walk right in.
5. Do you really think I won’t look in your sock drawer? I always check dresser drawers, the bedside table, and the medicine cabinet.
6. You're right: I won’t have enough time to break into that safe where you keep your valuables. But if it's not bolted down, I'll take it with me.
7. Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new refrigerator.
8. Avoid announcing your vacation on your Facebook page. It’s easier than you think to look up your address.
9. To you, leaving that window open just a crack during the day is a way to let in a little fresh air. To me, it’s an invitation.
10. Sometimes, I carry a clipboard. Sometimes, I dress like a lawn guy and carry a rake. I do my best to never, ever look like a crook.